Get Closer to Nature
Technology that promoteS wellbeing through increasing interaction with nature, EVEN when indoors
US Patent Pending
The Unfulfilled Outdoor Premise
We are more indoor than ever
- 68% of the population to live in urban areas by 2050
- We spend 90% of our time indoors
- Underserved communities have 44% less access to greenery
Screen addiction is on the rise
- 4 minutes before an American reaches for their phone again
- 7 hours 5 minutes of screen time per day for the average American
- Teens in America spend on average 7 hours 22 minutes on their phones
Post-pandemic life will be different
- 31% of individuals desire to work from home 5 days a week
- 90% of Americans plan to exercise at home
- 75% of Fortune 500 CEOs expect to reduce office space
FOUR FOUNDATIONAL PRINCIPLES
Nature at Arms Reach
Bringing natural elements to our immediate living space, such as plants, lessens the impact that socio-economical factors such as limited time and access to the outdoors have on our ability to tap the wellness benefits of nature exposure. We build innovative technology to incorporate indoor plant caring into our wellness routine, even when indoors.
Technology as an Enabler
Technology has enabled progress and hindered our health. We pledge to use technology as an enabler, an empowering medium, not a dominant element in renewing the relationship between humans and nature. To achieve this, we are building technology that promotes healthy behaviors toward our immediate environment, wellbeing, and ultimately Earth and society.
Boost Mental Health and Well-being
Our visual and caring interaction with indoor plants improves our positive emotions and decreases negative feelings. Yet, in an increasingly disconnected society, it is not sufficient to bring indoor plants into our living space if we are unaware of them. Our solution helps users create sustained caring patterns with indoor plants to boost their mental health and wellbeing.
Keep Yourself Accountable for Your Habits
Thanks to advances in self-tracking technologies, modern users have embraced self-quantization. We build on these advances to measure and keep track of users’ responsiveness to the caring needs of their plants, thus nurturing an engaging relationship between users and their immediate nature that directly translates into improved wellness and wellbeing.